We enable disabled children and young people to access and participate in music on a regular and consistent basis.
Our work breaks down barriers, changes perceptions and tackles the exclusion young people frequently experience.
We focus on nurturing talent, building skills, developing confidence and bringing people together, enabling participants to fulfil their potential and enjoy their lives.
Framework of music support
All of our work is underpinned by a Framework of Music Support which ensures we are inclusive in everything we do.
Through the framework we focus on ability and shared responsibility, co-creating our programmes and performances with the young people we work with.
This person-centred approach enables every individual to work to their strengths and to access our music opportunities in a way that’s right for them.
The musicALL approach is about more than making music. We aim to help young disabled people to build their competencies, developing skills they can apply in other aspects of their lives.
These confidence building skills are built-in to what we do and we continually look for opportunities to hand over the leading of our workshops to participants.
We also run a programme of leadership training to encourage young disabled people, many of whom have language and communication challenges, to gain the skills to plan and co-lead workshops, including those we deliver in schools and care homes.
The difference we make
- Provide access to life-changing opportunities through music
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
- Improve mental health and well-being
- Improve life skills and confidence
- Foster a sense of achievement
- Increase social inclusion for some of the most excluded and discriminated against people in society
- Provide opportunities for participants to contribute positively to society through their strengths and abilities
- Help disabled young people become more visible in society
- Change negative perceptions around disability
- Promote meaningful connections between people from different sectors of society